Scala for data science introduces the major libraries for building pipelines to analyze, process and visualize data in Scala.
If you already know a bit of Scala, this book will guide you through:
- Manipulating arrays of data with Breeze.
- Querying web APIs in parallel.
- Accessing SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Setting up REST APIs to distribute your data.
- Integrating Scala with D3.js to build data visualizations.
- Distributed, in-memory processing of large datasets using Apache Spark.
- Training a spam filter with MLlib.
- Building a web-crawler using Akka.